In my continued fight to get this project done, I will run into some serious roadblocks, and some have some good help. I already have $200 saved up for the trip, so that is good. The whole trip will cost me around $2500 I'm projecting. I have been in touch with the coordinator and we are working on a way to maximize my ability to work with large animals. He wants me to fly out there earlier in 2011 for a one-on-one intro, where I can then come back to NYC, train with an old student of his, and be super prepared for 2012 when I go out.
Pros:
I have $200 already saved up, with the right deal, this can cover much of the first flight out there
I just got a part-time job eating food for $15 an hour (only a couple hours a week though) to try and save up more $$$ for this adventure
I am cheap
Cons:
Even though I am cheap, I love to spend money on food
I suck at budgeting
Birthdays and other such events will drain my $$$
I am broke
NYU pays me shit
Adventuring in Belgium (March) will also drain some of the funds. As will my proposed road trip in April to Miami.
So I will have to work double hard on raising the money, and be extra jewish if I want to try and make this happen.
Funds allocated as of 1/25/11: $200
What job did you find eating food?!?!
ReplyDeleteWorking for a sensory panel in a research group. No haute cuisine, mostly commercial stuff. But its cool
ReplyDeleteWhen / what are you going to be doing in Brussels? I am planning my Feb and March trips now and it is on the list, just not sure when. I am thinking of getting a eurorail pass for 5 contries maybe.
ReplyDeleteEating lots of chocolate and drinking lots of beer. March 16-21. Drinking with friends is always nice
ReplyDelete